I first met Amar in beautiful Ubud, Bali in early 2015 during one of my remote working adventures. We connected very quickly over our sense of adventure and passion for entrepreneurship - plus enjoyed more than one epic sunset over drinks and many crazy ideas! I still enjoy laughing about how Amar thought I was super excited about a 'Mer-man' concept that Highly Flammable apparently had ('Mirrorman' in a kiwi accent can be confusing!).
Amar has worked hard to create freedom in his life through the power of entrepreneurship over the last 2 years and I have found his journey of entrepreneurship through building ZenMaid extremely inspiring. Fast-forward to October 2015 and we found ourselves travelling around Iceland co-working and taking in the epic volcanic and geothermal sights! I look forward to many more adventures with Amar in 2016!
- Logan Elliott, Entrepreneurs Adventures.
1) WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DO YOU DO?
I'm Amar Ghose, I currently provide maid service software to US and Canadian businesses, while traveling the world and doing a little jiu jitsu. I used to do sales for a tech company in San Francisco while I was starting this business on the side.
ZenMaid is a software that helps residential cleaning services to manage and market their businesses on a day to day basis. We're currently helping US and Canadian customers only, but we expect that to change in 2016.
Work wise I'll be continuing to grow ZenMaid and also publishing my first book! I'm working on The Ultimate Guide to LinkdIn Marketing (that's not yet the official title) and hope to see it in print (as in a real book) in early 2016.
2) WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT AND WHY?
1. Learning/self-improvement - The only time I feel aimless and lost is when I'm not actively improving on something. For awhile that was ZenMaid and marketing (still is to a large degree but lesser than a year ago) but currently what's really pushing me forward every day is learning jiu jitsu.
2. Travel - New experiences and perspectives can become addicting and travel definitely feeds both. Funnily enough the best thing about traveling for me has been learning to appreciate the amazing places I grew up near and visited as a child that I always took for granted.
3. Marketing Systems - Might be a weird thing to be passionate about but I find marketing funnels fascinating. It's almost to the point that when I look at businesses I don't even see or care about the actual products, just how they get people to the sales pages to purchase (if it's a good fit, of course :-)
3) WHAT ARE THE BIGGEST BARRIERS TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP?
Most people get caught up in the little details which prevent them from ever taking action. They worry about things like their website or logo or a variety of things that simply don't warrant any thought in the beginning. The only thing that matters to get a business off the ground is to validate that people will pay for your product or solution.
4) WHAT ARE THE MOST EXCITING THINGS ABOUT STARTING A BUSINESS?
For me personally it's the constant, changing challenge. I enjoyed sales but only for a short time before I got bored. With ZenMaid I get to work on new things constantly and while oftentimes I start out sucking at them I enjoy the process of improving and getting to a decent level at whatever it may be.
Working with freelancers and making things happen with small teams is also something I thoroughly enjoy.
5) WHAT DO YOU ASPIRE TO BE DOING IN FIVE YEARS?
I'd like to have ZenMaid setup to be running without me so I can be focused elsewhere. I don't know what that will be just yet but I'm looking forward to it!
6) PODCAST & BOOK ABOUT ENTREPRENEURSHIP?
Podcast: The Smart Passive Income Podcast with Pat Flynn - it'll introduce you to so many amazing entrepreneurs it's guaranteed to have an impact on your life one way or another.
For a book, I have to go with the digital nomad bible: The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss - If nothing else, this book will make you determined to find a way to make travel happen.
7) ONE TOOL?
LeadPages - You can use LeadPages to create quick landing pages for anything you create. I used LeadPages to validate an idea for entrepreneurs that raised $3000 before I'd even started the actual product.
8) BONUS - WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE NEXT 12 MONTHS?
I'm starting 2016 in Barcelona for January and February. I'll be in the United States in March for a friend's wedding then spending at least a month in South East Asia (Thailand most likely) with my business partner, Arun.
After that it's back to Europe until at least August, not sure where just yet.
You can hear from Amar at his personal blog www.UnitedStatesOfAmarica.com